Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stall 6

Stall 6

There are two free parties on Monday nights in Zurich. One is the underage Cool Mondays at X-tra, off limmatPlatz, the other : Stall 6.
So first odd thing of the night : Zurich west is the alternative, dock style wharehouse neighbourhood. If Zurich were Europe, it’d be the first city to have it in the west, not east. Fast forward to cool Mondays. Well it’s cool to see how young kids can have fun –it is a cool place, but half an hour is way to much. I’m told then to go to Stall 6. It’s in a wharehouse complex right out the main train station (perfect setting, it works for Berlin and London). The harder I it is to find, the better I feel. Far away I see a guy laying on the floor and two Jamaicans trying to help him up. I look up : here I am. Inside reggae and raga, a mix of rastas and pure zurich blood; you’re high from just smelling the interior; it’s hot, it feels tropical, the couches, the fussball, we’re all high all chillin’ around the bamboo bar. No this is not Europe.

Stall 6
Gessnerallee 6 // Zurich

No comments:

About Me

an opinionated guide to alternative nightlife and urban culture. what else?